Length : 13 Weeks
CEU Credits : 2.3
Course Hours :
Description: This self-paced, online course reviews the knowledge and skill areas included on the Certified Automation Professional® (CAP®) certification program examination. The intent is to prepare an automation professional who meets the exam criteria to take the exam. The content is based on the Job Analysis Domains, Tasks, Knowledge Areas, and Skill Areas developed as the basis for the CAP certification exam. This course is the recommended replacement for the discontinued CAP Learning System preparation tool, as it incorporates content similarly included in that tool.
Make sure to use HOUS2020 for $200 discount!
Certificate Program (if available) Certification of Completion: A Certificate of Completion indicating the total number of CEUs earned will be provided upon successful completion of the course.
You will be able to:
- Recognize the scope and format of the CAP exam
- Compare process variable measurements and control valve selections
- Explain how the various types of control technologies are used in industrial automation, including process control from basic to advanced control, discrete, batch, motor, and motion control
- Appreciate the range of digital communications used in automation, and how these are used in system integration
- Identify when safety instrumented systems (SISs) are needed and how they are specified
- Appreciate the importance of electrical issues that relate to grounding and noise
- Deal with the critical areas of automation opportunity identification and project justification
- Identify the best practice methodology for automation project execution
You will cover: