Length : 11 Weeks
CEU Credits : 2.8
Course Hours : Online Course - Refer to Syllabus
Certification of Completion: A Certificate of Completion indicating the total number of CEUs earned will be provided upon successful completion of the course.
Make sure to use HOUS2021 for $200 discount
Take this review course and schedule an electronic CCST exam on the date and at the location of your choosing—at no additional fee! That’s a $398 savings! The exam fee will be waived ONLY if you attend the review course AND you meet the CCST qualifications. You must submit a CCST application and your course registration form six (6) weeks prior to your course date to be eligible for this offer.
ISA’s CyberU online instructor-led training course offers the benefit of a high quality ISA training course with the added advantage of studying at your own pace in the office, at home or while traveling.
This online course utilizes online training modules, additional text materials, online evaluations, and email discussions. Students will have access via email to an instructor and have an opportunity to participate in live Q&A sessions with the instructor and other class participants.
This CyberU course runs for eleven (11) weeks. You will have access to various online modules including a web/audio session. Each module takes approximately 60 minutes. Your course syllabus will guide you through the course modules, provide assignments, and the schedule for live Q&A sessions. You will be able to access the modules 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for the duration of the course.
The course is a fast-paced review of the knowledge and practical skills necessary to install and maintain standard measurement and control instrumentation. It is intended for practicing technicians preparing for the ISA Certified Control Systems Technician® (CCST®) Level I exam. Practice certification-type exams and an explanation of the examination process are provided.
You will be able to:
- Cite principles and theory that explain measurement and control instrument functions
- Describe procedures required to properly maintain the function of measurement and control instrumentation
- Identify the procedures and safety requirements for loop checking and its purpose
- Perform calculations and other analysis of information related to the calibration and troubleshooting of measurement and control instruments and systems
- Describe procedures required to safely start-up and shut-down a new or existing process
- Review normal tasks of process control technicians as outlined by the current CCST job task analysis.
- Define the education, experience, and examination requirements for becoming a CCST
- Identify important knowledge and skill requirements of a practicing CCST
- Describe the procedures involved in taking the CCST Level I exam
- Identify any need for further study or training in specific knowledge areas
- Complete simulated CCST Level I Practice Exams
You will cover:
Each course module has been pre-recorded by your instructor, so that you can access on your schedule. Each module is a web/audio session that takes approximately 60 minutes.
Week/Module 1: Overview of CCST Certification/Concepts of Process Control
Week/Module 2: Domain 1 — Calibration, Maintenance, Repair and Troubleshooting
Week/Module 3: Domain 1 — Calibration, Maintenance, Repair and Troubleshooting
Week/Module 4: Domain 1 — Calibration, Maintenance, Repair and Troubleshooting
Week/Module 5: Domain 2 — Project Start-up, Commissioning, Loop-checking, Project Organization and Planning
Week/Module 6: Domain 2 — Project Start-up, Commissioning, Loop-checking, Project Organization and Planning
Week/Module 7: Domain 2 — Project Start-up, Commissioning, Loop-checking, Project Organization and Planning
Week/Module 8: Domain 3 — Documentation
Week/Module 9: Domain 3 — Documentation
Week/Module 10: Domain 3 — Documentation
Week/Module 11: Final Exam
- Unit conversion calculations
- Calibration documentation and analysis
- Trouble recognition and analysis
- ISA CCST Level I practice exam questions
ISA Text Included: CCST® Study Guide Level IFeatures of ISA CyberU online course:
By: N. E. Battikha
Online Pre-recorded Course Modules
Your instructor has pre-recorded each course module so that you can access the course presentations on your schedule. Each module is a web/audio session that takes approximately 60 minutes.
Ask the Expert
Interact with your expert instructor via email throughout the course and through scheduled live Q&A sessions. You can expect a reply to your email within 24 hours. This email address is active during the entire course duration.
The Q&A sessions provide an opportunity for you and your classmates to speak one-on-one with the instructor. You will have an opportunity to ask any questions you may have about the course material and interact with your fellow classmates.
You will be invited to subscribe to a course listserve that includes course participants. You can use this listserve to post questions and share experience relevant to the course with other class members.
Course Assignments and Exams
- Take the course pre-test before you begin studying the course material to get a better understanding of areas that you will want to focus on more during the course.
- Homework assignments for all modules will be indicated on the syllabus. The homework assignments are designed to help expand your understanding of the course material.
- Complete the final exam for the course in order to receive Continuing Education Units (CEU) credit. The final exam will be taken and scored online. You must receive at least 80% on the course exam to receive CEU credit and certificate of completion.