Length : 7 Weeks
CEU Credits : 1.4
Course Hours :
Certification of Completion: A Certificate of Completion indicating the total number of CEUs earned will be provided upon successful completion of the course.
Make sure to use HOUS2020 for $200 discount!
This course introduces the fundamental concepts of the ANSI/ISA95 standards so that students can apply them to implementing an integration between plant manufacturing systems and business systems.
By understanding the object models and information flows defined in the ANSI/ISA95 standards, you will have the tools you need to specify, design, and execute a successful business to manufacturing integration project.
This course is ideal for Integration Project Managers; Manufacturing Information Systems Analysts; Information Design Engineers and IT Professionals.
You will be able to:
- Specify the requirements for an enterprise/control integration solution
- Identify the issues involved in the integration of logistics to manufacturing control
- Identify the business processes that need information from manufacturing systems
- Identify the manufacturing control processes that need information from business systems
- Explain the business drivers involved in integration
- Identify the detailed information associated with enterprise/control integration
- Discuss the roles of UML, XML, and B2MML in vertical integration
- Apply the ISA95 object models
You will cover:
- Standards and Models: ANSI/ISA95 Standards | MESA International Model | WBF B2MML XML Schemas
- Business Processes: Procurement | Product Cost Accounting | Product Inventory Control | Maintenance | Production Planning and Scheduling
- Production Processes: Detailed Production Scheduling | Production Tracking | Production Resource Management | Product Defination Management
- Information Model: Production Resources | Process Segments | Product Definition and Capability | Production Schedules | Production Performance
- Identify key business drivers for integration
- Identify key business processes and objects
- Identify process segment definitions
- Develop shared product definition information
Students are asked to take the pre-exam, which includes questions related to the subject matter areas. Answers will be provided for students to assess their knowledge, prior to beginning the course material.
WEEK 1 –
- Module 1: Overview and Introduction
WEEK 2 –
- Module 2: Domain Model
- Module 3: Functions, Activities and Data Flow
WEEK 3 –
- Module 4: Major Object Definitions
- Module 5: Operations Definitions Model
WEEK 4 –
- Module 6: Overview and Review
- Module 7: UML and XML
WEEK 5 –
- Module 8: Modeling the Objects
WEEK 6 –
- Module 9: Models of Exchanged Information
- Module 10: Implementing ISA95
WEEK 7 –
- Final Examination
Course noteset with slides from course modules and course syllabus
Includes ISA Standards:
- The Road to Integration: A Guide to Applying the ISA-95 Standard in Manufacturing, Bianca Scholten
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide to Manufacturing Operations Management: ISA-95 Best Practices Book 1.0, Charlie Gifford
- Design Patterns for Flexible Manufacturing, Dennis Brandl
Not sure this particular course is for you?
A pre-instructional survey is available for you to evaluate your level of understanding of the course material and to show you the types of questions you’ll be able to answer after completing the course.