Start: May 21st 2019
End: May 23rd 2019
Time: 8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
Location: AESolutions – 1st floor Conference Room
10375 Richmond Avenue, Suite 800
Houston, TX 77042
Contact: Magda Moreno
The third phase in the IACS Cybersecurity Lifecycle (defined in ISA 62443-1-1) focuses on the activities associated with the ongoing operations and maintenance of IACS cybersecurity. This involves network diagnostics and troubleshooting, security monitoring and incident response, and maintenance of cybersecurity countermeasures implemented in the Design & Implementation phase. This phase also includes security management of change, backup, and recovery procedures and periodic cybersecurity audits.
This course will provide students with the information and skills to detect and troubleshoot potential cybersecurity events as well as the skills to maintain the security level of an operating system throughout its lifecycle despite the challenges of an ever-changing threat environment.
You will be able to:
- Perform basic network diagnostics and troubleshooting
- Interpret the results of IACS device diagnostic alarms and event logs
- Develop and follow IACS backup and restoration procedures
- Understand the IACS patch management lifecycle
- Develop and follow an IACS patch management procedure
- Develop and follow an antivirus management procedure
- Define the basics of application control and whitelisting tools
- Define the basics of network and host intrusion detection
- Define the basics of security incident and event monitoring tools
- Develop and follow an incident response plan
- Develop and follow an IACS management of change procedure
- Conduct a basic IACS cybersecurity audit