Length : 8 Weeks
CEU Credits : 1.4
Course Hours :
Description: This course will present the methodology for the designing and developing control systems documentation. The development of piping and instrument diagrams (P&IDs) and related ISA drawings are emphasized. This course covers both the development and the reading/interpreting of these documents, making it beneficial to engineers, designers, software programmers, system integrators, and technicians.
Make sure to use HOUS2020 for $200 discount!
Certificate Program (if available) A Certificate of Completion indicating the total number of CEUs earned will be provided upon successful completion of the course.ISA’s online instructor-assisted training courses offer the benefit of a high quality ISA training course with the added advantage of studying at your own pace in the office, at home, or while traveling.
You will be able to:
- Design, develop, and interpret the documents used to define instruments and control systems for a typical project, including P&IDs, loop diagrams, specification forms, instrument lists, logic diagrams, installation details, and location plans
- Explain the information included on each document
- Plan document development as it relates to project management
- Apply ISA standards for symbols and terminology to documentation
- Describe the relationship of ISO 9000, OSHA process safety management (PSM), and API 750 to control systems documentation
You will cover:
- P&IDs: Definition and Use | ISA Standard Symbols and Identification | Contents and Piping Information | Design and Construction | Developing from Flow Diagrams | Scheduling Considerations | Hazardous Area Considerations
- Instrument Lists: Definition and Use
- Control System Software: PLC/DCS Functional Requirement Documentation Development
- Logic Diagrams: Definition and Use | Symbology | Interpretation | ISA Standards
- Installation Details: Use | Development | Materials of Construction | Valves | Scheduling
- Location Plans: Purpose and Development | Structural Considerations | Electrical and Other Trays | Panel Location
- Instrument List: Specification Forms | An ISA20 Specification Form
- Loop Diagrams: Purpose | Interpretation | Development | ISA Standards | Scheduling Considerations
- Control Methods: Feedback | Feedforward | Ratio | Cascade | Control Valves
Standards and Documentation: ISA5.1 – ISA5.6 | ISO 9000 | OSHA | Process Safety System Management | API 750