Length : 12 Weeks
CEU Credits : 2.1
Course Hours :
Description: This self-paced, online course provide an overview of industrial measurement and control for technician, engineers, and managers providing a basic understanding and foundation for communication with other control systems professionals.
Make sure to use HOUS2020 for $200 discount!
Certificate Program (if available) A Certificate of Completion indicating the total number of CEUs earned will be provided upon successful completion of the course.
You will be able to:
- Communicate the latest trends in measurement and control
- Recognize the role of measurement and control in industrial processes
- Compare continuous, batch, and discrete control and how they are used in industry
- Interpret measurement and control terminology
- Compare the methods and devices used in temperature, pressure, level, and flow measurement
- Describe the operation and components of a feedback control loop
- Identify the fundamental concepts of controller tuning
- Compare different control system architectures, including single loop controllers, distributed control systems (DCS), and programmable logic controllers (PLCs)
- Apply ISA standards to interpret symbols and documentation
You will cover:
Students are asked to take the pre-exam, which includes questions related to the subject matter areas. Answers will be provided for students to assess their knowledge, prior to beginning the course material.
WEEK 1 -Module 1: Concepts of Process Control
WEEK 2 -Module 2: Documentation
WEEK 3 -Modules 3 & 4: Industrial Measurement Systems (Parts I & II)
WEEK 4 -Module 5: Temperature Measurement (Part I)
WEEK 5 -Module 6: Temperature Measurement (Part II) & Module 7: Pressure Measurement
WEEK 6 -Modules 8 & 9: Level Measurement (Parts I & II)
WEEK 7 -Modules 10 & 11: Flow Measurement (Parts I & II)
WEEK 8 -Modules 12 & 13: Control Valves (Parts I & II)
WEEK 9 -Modules 14 & 15: Feedback Control Strategies (Parts I & II)
WEEK 10 -Module 16: Advanced Control Strategies
WEEK 11 -Module 17: Smart Field Devices & Module 18: Control System Hardware
WEEK 12 -Final Examination