CEU Credits :
Course Hours :
15995 N Barkers Lndg Rd Ste 143 Houston, TX 77079-2418
October 28-29, 2020
Course Hours: 8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
This course focuses on more detailed design issues and further hands-on examples of system analysis/modeling. Students will be better able to perform system design and analysis thus saving their companies time and money in optimizing system designs. This course will enable you to analyze any system technology and configuration to see if it will meet the required SIL (Safety Integrity Level) and determine if existing systems are safe enough, if they need to be upgraded, and whether proposed systems will meet the performance requirements. You will also be able to determine the optimum manual test interval for any system, saving your company time and money by not over- or under-testing systems.
Certificate Program: This course is required for the ISA84 Safety Instrumented Systems Certificate Program 3. You can register for the course only or for the certificate program which includes course and exam. ISA Course Safety Instrumented Systems-Design, Analysis, and Justification (EC50) or Safety Instrumented Systems: Design, Analysis, and Justification (EC50E) and ISA Certificate Safety Instrumented Systems Certificate Program 1 are prerequisites for Certificate Program 3. Those who successfully complete this course and pass the certificate program exam receive the designation of ISA84 SIL Verification Specialist.
You will be able to:
- Analyze any system technology and configuration to see if it will meet the required SIL (Safety Integrity Level)
- Determine if existing systems are safe enough (or whether they need to be upgraded) and whether proposed systems will meet the performance requirements
- Determine the optimum manual test interval for any system, saving your company time and money by not over or under-testing systems
You will cover:
- System Modeling/Analysis Hands-On Advanced Examples: Multiple Examples with Different Field Device Technologies | Configurations | Diagnostic Levels | Test Intervals | Common Cause Factors | Imperfect Manual Testing
- Detailed Design Topics: Fault Tolerance | Safe Failure Fraction | Diagnostic Coverage | Confidence Limits | System Response to Faults | Using Devices for Control and Safety | Non-Fail-Safe Design Requirements | Interface Requirements
For more information and to register online: