Length : 11 Weeks
CEU Credits : 2.8
Course Hours : Online Course - Refer to Syllabus
Certification of Completion: A Certificate of Completion indicating the total number of CEUs earned will be provided upon successful completion of the course.
Make sure to use HOUS2021 for $200 discount
ISA’s online instructor-assisted training courses offer the benefit of a high quality ISA training course with the added advantage of studying at your own pace in the office, at home, or while traveling.
This online course utilizes pre-recorded training modules, homework/practice exercises, as well as e-mail and live discussions. Students will have access via email to an instructor throughout the course, as well as a discussion group to communicate with other students in the class.
This online, self-paced course runs for thirteen (13) weeks. You will have access to 25 online modules, each taking approximately 60 minutes. Your course syllabus will guide you through the course modules and provide assignments and opportunities to interact with the instructor and other course participants.
This is a fast-paced review of the knowledge and skills necessary for technicians with 7+ years of practical experience who are preparing to sit for the CCST Level II exam. An explanation of the requirements, examination process and practice certification-type exams are provided.
You will be able to:
- Identify any need for further study or training in specific knowledge areas
- Evaluate control systems tuning and system response to changes in control parameters
- Define system documentation and symbology to effectively troubleshoot instrumentation, control loops, and electrical and pneumatic installations
- Identify electrical or hazard area classifications and determine appropriate procedures to be followed for safe and effective operation
- Describe the isolation of a process component from an operational system to perform proper testing, maintenance, or troubleshooting
- Explain the process to identify and correct problems that may arise during the commissioning of control systems
- Verify final control element functionality through manipulated variables using controller mode and output functions
- Evaluate installed industrial network data and performance using network diagnostic tools
- Explain multi-step troubleshooting methodology
You Will Cover:
Students are asked to take the pre-exam, which includes questions related to the subject matter areas. Answers will be provided for students to assess their knowledge, prior to beginning the course material.
WEEK 1 –
• Module 1A: Overview of CCST Program
• Module 1B & 1C: ISO 9000/Concepts of Process Control
• Module 2: Instrument Air
WEEK 2 –
• Module 3: P&ID Basics
• Module 4: Basic Measuring Units
• Module 5: Instrument Fundamentals/Temperature
WEEK 3 –
• Module 6: Pressure/Flow
• Module 7: Level
WEEK 4 –
• Module 8: Analyzers & Final Control Elements
• Module 9: Safety & Electricity
WEEK 5 –
• Module 10: Advancing Technologies & Numbering Systems
• Module 11: PLC Basics & Basic Requirements for Protocol
• Module 12: Fieldbus & Communications Protocol
WEEK 6 –
• Module 13: Fiber Optics & SCADA
WEEK 7 –
• Module 14: Process Dynamics
• Module 15: Control Action
• Module 16: PID
WEEK 8 –
• Module 17: Tuning
• Module 18: Advanced Control Strategy
WEEK 9 –
• Module 19: Calibration
• Module 20: Instrument Performance
WEEK 10 –
• Module 21: Pressure Test/Calibration Equipment & Instrument Maintenance
• Module 22: Best Procedures for LANs & Troubleshooting w/ Statistics
WEEK 11 –
• Module 23: Tools & DCS Troubleshooting
WEEK 12 –
• Module 24: Hazardous Locations & Installation
• Module 25: Start Up & Loop Checking
WEEK 13 –
• Final Examination
- Course noteset with slides from course modules and course syllabus
- CCST Level II Study Guide, ISA
Features of ISA CyberU online course:
Online Pre-recorded Course Modules
Your instructor has pre-recorded each course module so that you can access the course presentations on your schedule. Each module is a web/audio session that takes approximately 60 minutes.
Ask the Expert
Interact with your expert instructor, via email throughout the course and through scheduled live Q& A sessions. You can expect a reply to your email within 24 hours. This email address is active during the entire course duration.
The Q&A sessions provide an opportunity for you and your classmates to speak one-on-one with the instructor. You will have an opportunity to ask any questions you may have about the course material and interact with your fellow classmates.
You will be invited to subscribe to a course listserve that includes course participants. You can use this listserve to post questions and share experience relevant to the course with other class members.
Course Assignments and Exams
Take the course pre-test before you begin studying the course material to get a better understanding of areas that you will want to focus on more during the course.
Homework assignments for all modules will be indicated on the syllabus. The homework assignments are designed to help expand your understanding of the course material.
Complete the final exam for the course in order to receive Continuing Education Units (CEU) credit. The final exam will be taken and scored online.
You must receive at least 80% on the course exam to receive CEU credit.
Continuing Education Units (CEU) credits are awarded to all students who successfully complete the final course exam.
Note: The final course exam is different from the actual certification exam, which must be registered for separately.