Spring 2020 Scholarships
GUIDELINES for the 2020/2021 Scholarship Program
Following are the guidelines for the ISA – Houston Section Scholarship Program for the Spring 2020 academic school year, as approved by the Board of Directors. Please note this Scholarship is supplementary funding and is not intended to pay for any student’s full tuition for a full term or full school year. Amount of Scholarship may vary from year to year.
1. Scholarships are awarded to successful applicants who will attend an accredited technical school, college, or university for Spring 2020 semesters as full-time students (12 credit hours for undergraduate and 9 credit hours for graduate).
2. Applicant must be nominated either by an ISA Student Section Faculty Advisor or an ISA Houston Section member who has attended a minimum of four (4) ISA-Houston Section monthly meetings or activities during the 2019/2020 ISA Houston Section fiscal year.
3. Applicant must submit an essay of no less than 500 words (typed) describing his/her future goals and the contribution that a scholarship would make in achieving those goals.
4. The applicant must submit an official copy of the most recent transcript.
5. The applicant must submit three letters of recommendation from an individual familiar with the student (e.g. a teacher, coach, or mentor) but not related (not a family member or guardian) to the applicant.
6. The applicant must submit a completed paper copy of ISA membership application (if not a member yet). Do not pay the fee; the ISA Houston Section will pay for the winner’s dues for 2020/2021.
7. If awarded a scholarship, the applicant and one guest of the nominating party will be invited to attend the scholarship award meeting/dinner (location to be announced). ISA Houston Section will pay for dinners of the scholarship recipient and one guest.
8. All scholarship payments will be submitted directly to the college or university where the scholarship recipient is enrolled to pay for normal tuition, enrollment fees, and textbooks for the college of his or her choice.
9. Applicant must submit a clear “face only” photo. This photo will be used in our Newsletter.
Deadline for Application: To be considered, the application and associated documents must be submitted online no later than April 5, 2020. Scholarships will be awarded to applicants based on the quality of the essay, high school or college grades, accomplishments, and the Letter of Nomination. For questions, please contact Sohail Iftikhar, Mary Cannon, or any ISA Houston Section Board Member listed in the section’s newsletter or website.
If you are UNDECIDED about the College/University you are planning to attend please put “Undecided” for the following
-College/University Planning To/Attending
-Financial Aid Office Address of College Or University
-City of College or University
-Zip Code of College or University
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION USING THE FROM BELOW!
Required fields are marked *