CEU Credits :
Course Hours :
15995 N Barkers Lndg Rd Ste 143 Houston, TX 77079-2418
June 1-5, 2020
Course Hours: 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. Monday-Thursday and 8:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. Friday
ISA Technician Training Boot Camp combines a unique technical training course with minimum lecture and maximum hands-on experience. Over 75% of your time will be spent on equipment labs!
This week of intensive training will cover a broad range of technical topics needed to get the job done right. Starting with basic instrumentation fundamentals and ending with the advanced and ultimate in smart technology, this comprehensive program will serve as a vital building block to your professional development and skills enhancement efforts. This course also serves as a solid introduction to other ISA courses that will help you advance your automation and control career.
This course focuses on the knowledge required by a control systems technician with five years’ experience in performing maintenance, calibration and troubleshooting tasks typical of a plant floor environment. It will test an individual’s skill sets and serve as a self-assessment of additional training needs and will:
- Provide a review of industrial measurement and control concepts and terminology
- Review and Refresh present skills
- Introduce new skills
Who should attend?
- Technicians with instrument maintenance responsibilities, and a good working knowledge of instrument fundamentals and terminology.
- Instrument supervisors needing to understand and evaluate the skill sets required to perform instrument maintenance tasks.
- Reliability and maintenance engineers needing to learn and/or evaluate instrument maintenance processes.
- Provide an overview of industrial measurement and control in order to communicate appropriately with other control system professionals
- Define a process to properly tune control loops
- Present a systematic approach for troubleshooting and start-up of single- and multi-loop control loops to maintain good process control systems
- Describe the operation and maintenance of pneumatic instruments employed in modern process facilities with an emphasis on valves, positioners, controllers, and transmitters
- Perform proper installation, calibration, and maintenance of electronic instruments
- Deliver a working knowledge of smart field devices including both digital transmitters and digital valve controllers
For more information and to register online: