Length : 8 Weeks
CEU Credits : 1.4
Course Hours :
Description: This course will present the methodology for the designing and developing control systems documentation. The development of piping and instrument diagrams (P&IDs) and related ISA drawings are emphasized. This course covers both the development and the reading/interpreting of these documents, making it beneficial to engineers, designers, software programmers, system integrators, and technicians.
Make sure to use HOUS2020 for $200 discount!
Certificate Program (if available) A Certificate of Completion indicating the total number of CEUs earned will be provided upon successful completion of the course.ISA’s online instructor-assisted training courses offer the benefit of a high quality ISA training course with the added advantage of studying at your own pace in the office, at home, or while traveling.
You will be able to:
- Design, develop, and interpret the documents used to define instruments and control systems for a typical project, including P&IDs, loop diagrams, specification forms, instrument lists, logic diagrams, installation details, and location plans
- Explain the information included on each document
- Plan document development as it relates to project management
- Apply ISA standards for symbols and terminology to documentation
- Describe the relationship of ISO 9000, OSHA process safety management (PSM), and API 750 to control systems documentation
You will cover:
Pre-Exam: Students are asked to take the pre-exam, which includes questions related to the subject matter areas. Answers will be provided for students to assess their knowledge, prior to beginning the course material.
Module 1: Introduction/Overview Part I
Module 2: Introduction/Overview Part II
Module 3: P&ID Basics
Module 4: Symbols and P&IDs
Module 5: Other Documentation
Module 6: Instrument Location and Installation
Module 7: Loop Diagrams and Multiple Loop Control
Module 8: Functional Requirements Documentation