- This event has passed.
ISA 84.00.01:2004 addressed safety instrumented systems for the process industry sector and was recognized by OSHA as a good engineering practice within process safety management. Nevertheless, standards must evolve over time based on application experience. After a decade of international process sector experience in applying the requirements for safety instrumented systems (SIS), a new edition of the IEC 61511 international standard was created. Recently approved, ISA 61511:2018 brings the ISA standard into complete alignment with IEC 61511-1:2016. This presentation will review ten major themes of change between ISA 84.00.01:2004 and ISA 61511:2018.
Eloise Roche, Senior SCAI Consultant, SIS-TECH Solutions
- 24 years of Chemical Industry background, largely in automation and functional safety management
- Specializes in Safety Controls, Alarms, and Interlocks (SCAI)
- Member of USTAG to IEC 61511 committee and multiple ISA-84 working groups
- Member for Edition 2 of CCPS “Guidelines for Safe Automation of Chemical Processes”
- Certified Functional Safety Expert